Please be advised that the Ethics Commission’s jurisdiction is limited to the following laws:
- Sections 28, 29, and 30 of Article 19 of the Arkansas Constitution;
- Ark. Code Ann. § 3-8-701 et seq. (entitled “Disclosure Act for Initiative Proceedings”);
- Ark. Code Ann. § 7-1-103(a)(1)-(4), (6) and (7) (concerning “Elections”);
- Ark. Code Ann. § 7-6-201 et seq. (entitled “Campaign Financing”);
- Ark. Code Ann. § 7-9-401 et seq. (entitled “Disclosure Act for Public Initiatives, Referenda, and Measures Referred to Voters”);
- Ark. Code Ann. § 19-11-718 (concerning “Special State Employees – Conflicts of Interest”);
- Ark. Code Ann. § 21-1-401 et seq. (concerning “Constitutional Officers and Their Spouses”);
- Ark. Code Ann. § 21-8-301 through § 21-8-903 (referred to as “The Disclosure Act for Lobbyists and State and Local Officials”);
- Ark. Code Ann. § 21-8-1001 et seq. (pertaining to “State Boards, Commissions, and Entities Receiving State Funds”);
- Ark. Code Ann. § 23-115-501(e) and § 23-115-601(j) (concerning “Arkansas Scholarship Lottery Act” vendor/retailer gift/compensation prohibition); and
- Ark. Code Ann. § 25-1-125 (entitled “Taxpayer Funds Used for Advertisement”).
Any citizen of the State of Arkansas can file a complaint with the Ethics Commission. Pursuant to Ark. Code Ann. § 7-6-218(a)(3), a citizen complaint is timely filed if it is: (A) Hand-delivered to the Arkansas Ethics Commission on or before the date that the complaint is due; (B) Mailed to the Arkansas Ethics Commission, properly addressed, postage prepaid, and bearing a postmark indicating that it was received by the post office or common carrier on or before the date that the complaint is due; or (C) Received via email or facsimile by the Arkansas Ethics Commission on or before the date that the complaint is due, provided the original is received by the Arkansas Ethics Commission within ten (10) days of the transmission.
To file a complaint, please send a completed form (via mail to P.O. Box 1917, Little Rock, AR 72203, via fax at (501) 324-9606, via email at this address, or via hand delivery to 501 Woodlane Street, Suite 301N, Little Rock, AR 72201) to the attention of the Director, Graham Sloan. If you send it via email or fax, the original must be received by the Commission by hand-delivery or mail within ten (10) days of transmission. We must have the original complaint, signed under penalty of perjury, to proceed.